Evaluation 4 - REDRAFT

My main target audience would be an individual possibly of American descent as House music originated in America in the 1980s. However house music's popularity is now rising the United Kingdom also, therefore I would extend my target audience to those in the UK also. As the genre was a hit at the time for both sexes, I would argue that my magazine should be unisex and include both female and male models in order to cater to both sexes. However unfortunately, I was not able to use a male model for my magazine therefore I believe although my aim is for my magazine is for it to be unisex, it may only attract females. However I have tried to make sure that my regulars and features can cater for both sexes eg competitions. Despite my magazine not showcasing both genders, I have made sure that the models used in my magazine are all of different ethnicities eg Asian , black , white and mixed origin. Through this I believe it would encourage individuals of different ethnicities to buy the magazine as they can relate with models similar to themselves featured in the magazine. Additionally I believe that this is realistic representation of individuals that listen or are in the House music industry. The reasoning of why I have decided that the age of my target audience would be early twenties to thirties is as I believe that House music is mostly listened to in party settings such as nightclubs , which is normally associated with the youth of our society. Therefore I believe that by aiming it this age demographic, my magazine will receive a lot more interest. I have tried to incorporate this in my magazine by using only young models, therefore fans of the genre may be able to connect to the magazine more. In order to gain advice and feedback for my magazine I have asked individuals in and outside of my college through a survey on survey monkey, as well as word of mouth and interviews to which i gained feedback about what they would expect from a House Music magazine , as well as my previous magazine which I had completed before hand. most feedback from individuals is that my original music magazine was at first to dark to be a house magazine and therefore I should add colour to it. the colour could possibly resemble those found on disco lights as this is a typical item that is associated with nights out as well as house music in general. As well as this I was advised previously to possibly use a male individual on my front cover that possibly resembles and DJ and is of white ethnicity. Despite wanting to deliver this I was unable to , therefore I included a female artist in my front cover who is a singer / Dj therefore to an extent I am not completely subverting the expectations of a house music magazine. Consumer Culture : My ideal consumer of my magazine would possibly be a student who enjoys to go out with friends and party at university Night club events. The events would be aimed mostly at the disco genre. Additionally, when possible the individual would probably attend concerts with famous House artist eg Calvin Harris. As well as this they would listen to many radio stations such as Capital and Heart and many radio stations that cater towards House music in particular

Comments